To commence the RSPCA-based Course, students must:
- be at least 18 years of age, due to RSPCA policies and guidelines
- be available to participate in ALL practical training days at the RSPCA (one day per week – fixed day to be determined by AVT prior to course commencement)
- be physically capable of restraining animals, handling animal feed e.g. large bags of food of up to 10 kg and standing for extended periods of time
- have a reliable internet connection and access to a desktop computer or laptop. You will be required to write, submit and in some cases upload assessments and various types of multi-media files online in your own time, therefore we strongly recommend using a desktop or laptop computer for your studies
- be proficient in speaking and writing in English
- due to the required workload and level of study, have a minimum level of schooling up to and including year 10, with a good understanding of science and maths.
You will be undertaking activities with cats. If you are pregnant or thinking about falling pregnant throughout the course, we suggest speaking with your doctor or medical professional before enrolment. If you would like to discuss your individual situation with us further, please feel free to get in touch with our student support team.
This course is highly competitive and has limited places. Therefore, successful students are selected based on prior work experience, education, individual attitude and aptitude. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by an AVT team member.
Students with eligible credit transfers may apply however, due to the course delivery format, 100% attendance is required for orientation/induction and practical placement days and therefore full course fees will apply.