I am a non-resident visa holder, can I study with AVT?

In some cases, registered training organisations (RTOs) may enrol non-resident students who are temporarily visiting or reside in Australia on certain visas, other than study visas. However, some visas include restrictions on training. Most visas and sub-class visas clearly outline what your study rights are in Australia. It is the responsibility of the individual to check their study and work rights according to their individual visa. 

Further information is also available from the Department of Home Affairs.

Visa information for Jobs & Skills WA Funding Jobs and Skills WA funded programs

Students wishing to be considered for funded places in the ACM40418 Certificate  IV in Veterinary Nursing should visit this page for more detailed information about eligibility

Students wishing to be considered for funded places in the ACM20121 Certificate II in Animal Care (Health & Welfare) course should visit this page for detailed information about eligibility.

Related FAQ’s:


Tags: cricos, international, overseas, visa

Why choose AVT?

Dedicated Animal Care College

AVT has been delivering Vet Nursing and Animal Care related courses for over 20 years. It's safe to say there are no plumbing or hairdressing courses here!

Prerequisite course for veterinary nursing

Outstanding Track Record

A recent NCVER VET student outcomes report found 93% of AVT graduates were employed or enrolled in further study after training and 95% of graduates would recommend the training provided by AVT

Prerequisite course for veterinary nursing

Safe and Supported Learning

Our qualified teaching team have many years of experience as well as extensive backgrounds in the veterinary and animal care industry. They are approachable and dedicated to helping students succeed.

Download Course Guides