It is a general rule that we prefer you to do your practical work placement during the week. Often weekend practice is quiet and might only see emergency cases. If the practice you are considering offers a full service, including sterilisations on weekends, then it might be a possibility. You can discuss this with our Student and Industry Liaison Officer.
Commonly asked questions about Workplace Practical Training
- What is workplace practical training?
- How am I assessed during my practical placement?
- Can I complete my workplace practical training in a private, non-business environment? Or with my pet?
- Can I be exempt from the Workplace Practical Training if I have previous experience in a Veterinary Practice?
- How do I know if the workplace I have chosen is acceptable?