I have obtained units of competency from a prior qualification. Can I use these units to fulfill the elective requirement of the qualification?

Yes. You can use units of competency received from a prior qualification even if the unit is different from an elective unit required by AVT.  You can claim a credit transfer (CT) for these units as long as:-

  • the unit is current and relevant to work undertaken in the animal care and management industry and
  • you hold a Statement of Attainment from the issuing provider.

If this is the case, then you may use previous units of study to fulfil the elective component of the qualification.

You will be required to provide us with a Statement of Attainment from a recognised and approved training provider at the time of application. We will verify your previous studies with the training provider.

For information about fees and charges that apply to credit transfers, please see our student policy page. 

Please note, we are unable to offer RPL or Train and Assess any other elective unit of competency other than the ones provided in the courses offered on our website.

For a full list of our qualifications visit our Qualifications Overview page 

Download Course Guides