You will receive a Practical Task Workbook containing a logbook and all the practical assessments you must complete during your placement.
Practical assessments include ‘Workplace Assignments’ that include activities such as case studies, photographs, written descriptions of workplace procedures and video evidence of practical tasks. These assessments are designed to see how well you can apply the information covered in the theory component of each unit.
Each unit also includes ‘Practical Task Worksheets’ outlining various tasks that you are expected to complete during your placement, with each task signed off by a supervisor once successfully completed. All practical assessments must be submitted to us via our online learning platform for assessment by one of our tutors.
A student attendance record is also included in the Workbook and your supervisor must sign this to confirm that you have completed the required number of hours during a placement.
During your placement, we will contact your supervisor to obtain feedback on your performance. This feedback will then be relayed to you.
Commonly asked questions about Workplace Practical Training
- What is workplace practical training?
- Can I complete my workplace practical training in a private, non-business environment? Or with my pet?
- How do I know if the workplace I have chosen is acceptable?
- Can I volunteer in an organisation to meet the required work placement hours?
- Can I do my Veterinary Nursing practical work placement on weekends?
- Can I be exempt from the Workplace Practical Training if I have previous experience in a Veterinary Practice?
- Do I need to do the work placement with the same veterinary clinic or can I work in more than one workplace?
- Can I choose more than one workplace for my Animal Studies work placement?