Postponed - Assessment Sessions
About the Practical Skills Assessment SessionsThese sessions are a fantastic opportunity for current AVT Veterinary Nursing and Animal Studies students to complete the tasks set out in the Practical Skills Workbook for their course of study. We purposefully select units and skills worksheets that students often find challenging to complete in their workplace. Please check to make sure the unit code referred to in the enrolment panel is relevant to your course. During each session:-
- You will be reviewed by an AVT assessor,
- If competent, you will have your Practical Skills Worksheet or Workplace Assignment, reviewed and signed off.
When and where are the sessions held?See the Enrol Now table below for future dates and relevant units of study. Practical Skills Sessions run from 9am-12pm. Your attendance may not be required for the entire session; we will confirm this with you prior to the session date. The sessions will be held at our Clinical Skill Lab - AVT Bentley Campus, Enterprise Unit 2, Suite number 2, 11 Brodie-Hall Drive, BENTLEY, WA. View a Map and Directions here
How often are the sessions held?Assessment sessions are planned throughout the year, with topics varying depending on student requirements.
How do you book?These sessions have been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
FeesSessions are free of charge to AVT students with a current enrolment.
About each session
ACMVET406/A Nurse Animals Skills Assessment Session (Currently POSTPONED due to COVID-19 outbreak)During this session you will have the opportunity to be assessed for the following assignments:-
- Workplace assignment – Health exam (also in ACMGAS205 Assist in the health care of animals)
- Workplace assignment – Administer an oral medication
- Workplace assignment – Apply a bandage
ACMVET408A Coordinate and perform theatre routines and ACMVET413 Prepare for anaesthesia and monitor animal anaesthesia and analgesia Skills Assessment SessionDuring this session you will have the opportunity to be assessed for the following assignments:-
- Workplace assignment 1 – Hand scrubbing and gloving (ACMVET405 Coordinate and perform surgical nursing routines)
- Workplace assignment 2 – Packing and sterilising a surgical kit
- Workplace assignment 4 – The anaesthetic machine (and ACMVET413 Prepare for anaesthesia and monitor animal anaesthesia and analgesia)
Reception, Communications and Office Procedures Skills Assessment SessionIncorporating ACMVET401 Coordinate veterinary reception duties, ACMGAS308 Communicate effectively with clients and team members, ACMVET404 Perform office procedures, ACMGAS202 Participate in workplace communications.
During this session you will have the opportunity to be assessed for the following assignments:-
- ACMVET401 Coordinate veterinary reception duties (Practical skills -simulation and role plays) and Workplace Assignment 2
- ACMGAS308 Communicate effectively with clients and team members - Practical skills for team meetings
- ACMVET404 Perform office procedures - Practical skills for banking and till reconciliation
- ACMGAS202 Participate in workplace communications -Practical skills for team meetings
Want to find out when our next workshop will be available?
Simply provide your details below and we will send you a notification when our next workshop is scheduled.